Thursday 9 October 2014

My Plight To Become Parent Governor

POSTED BY IR

It all comes down to parent votes. I wrote my statement. Made myself sound ideal on paper. But it really is all about how many friends you have! I won't know the results til after this weekend but I'm not so optimistic as all my chums are on this blog!

So why did I apply? My daughters' just started school and I'd love to know what goes on in the background. If my daughter wasn't in the school I couldn't care less. How awful is that!

What have I done to make my case look better?  I've spoken to the teachers....a lot! Having to come out of your comfort zone is hard. SO hard! I hate talking to people I don't know. I'm one of those that goes in. Gets the job done and leaves. Don't make me talk! But one thing that happens when your child enters full-time education; you want them to be as happy as they can be and you will do anything to make sure of it.

If that means changing your accent to be more 'British', then so be it! Yes, I've done it and I'm not proud of it. But haven't we all 'poshed up' a bit to make ourselves look better.

Also I wear nice clothes on the school run. Wait til the results come through. I'll be in my lounge pants thereafter!

So to sum up how to become parent governor:

1. Talk
2. Posh up
3. Wear nice clothes

Let's see if any of this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...